The National Board of Directors of Alpha Eta Rho will be awarding several $1,000 and two $2,000 scholarships in 2018. The submission deadline for all application materials is Friday, March 30, 2018.
1. The applicant must be an active undergraduate member of an AHP Chapter that is "In Good Standing" in accordance with the National AHP Bylaws.
2. The applicant must be "In Good Standing" in accordance with the National AHP Bylaws with all Chapter & National Dues for 2017-2018.
3. The applicant must be recommended by his/her AHP Chapter.
4. The applicant must have a minimum of one (1) semester of undergraduate courses remaining before graduation.
5. The applicant must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater on a 4.0 scale.
All application materials must be submitted no later than Friday, March 30, 2018. Application materials must be submitted via the online application and upload requested materials.
Winners will be announced during EAA AirVenture 2018. All applicants will be notified of the selections of the Board of Directors via phone call during AirVenture. Scholarship checks will be mailed to the recipients' college/university care of the Scholarship Coordinator or Chapter Faculty Advisor no later than October 1, 2018.
Factors That Will Be Considered In Selection Process:
- Scholastic Achievements
- Practical Aviation Achievements
- Membership & Leadership Activities Within the Fraternity, School, Aviation & Community
- Cover Letter: Describes activities, goals, and reason for applying for the AHP National Scholarship.
- Letter(s) of Recommendation: Written by professors, flight instructors, and/or industry members familiar with the candidate who can attest first-hand to the applicant's performance and the reason for selection.