The National Board of Directors of Alpha Eta Rho will be awarding up to five (5) $1,000 AHP National Scholarships in 2017. The submission deadline for all application materials is: Monday, May 15, 2017.
1. The applicant must be an active undergraduate member of an AHP Chapter that is "In Good Standing" in accordance with the National AHP Bylaws.
2. The applicant must be "In Good Standing" in accordance with the National AHP Bylaws with all Chapter & National Dues for 2016-2017.
3. The applicant must be recommended by his/her AHP Chapter.
4. The applicant must have a minimum of one (1) semester of undergraduate courses remaining before graduation.
5. The applicant must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater on a 4.0 scale.
The Board of Directors will consider a maximum of two (2) AHP National Scholarship candidates per AHP Chapter. All application materials must be submitted no later than Monday, May 15, 2017. Application materials must be submitted via email to the National Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Winners will be announced during EAA AirVenture 2017. All applicants will be notified of the selections of the Board of Directors via email no later than June 30, 2017. Scholarship checks will be mailed to the recipients' college/university care of the Scholarship Coordinator or Chapter Faculty Advisor no later than October 1, 2017.
Fill out the online Scholarship Application form and email required documents to the National Executive Director.
Factors That Will Be Considered In Selection Process:
- Scholastic Achievements
- Practical Aviation Achievements
- Membership & Leadership Activities Within the Fraternity, School, Aviation & Community
- Cover Letter: Describes activities, goals and reason for applying for the AHP National Scholarship.
- Letter(s) of Recommendation: Written by professors, flight instructors, and/or industry members familiar with the candidate who can attest first-hand to the applicant's performance and reason for selection.