The National Board of Directors of Alpha Eta Rho will be awarding (5) $1,000 AHP National Scholarships in 2015. The submission deadline for all application materials is: Monday, March 3, 2015.
1. The applicant must be an active undergraduate member of an AHP Chapter that is "In Good Standing" in accordance with the National AHP Bylaws.
2. The applicant must be "In Good Standing" in accordance with the National AHP Bylaws with all Chapter & National Dues for 2014-2015.
3. The applicant must be recommended by his/her AHP Chapter.
4. The applicant must have a minimum of one (1) semester of undergraduate courses remaining before graduation.
5. The applicant must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater on a 4.0 scale.
The Board of Directors will consider a maximum of two (2) AHP National Scholarship candidates per AHP Chapter. All application materials must be postmarked No Later Than Monday, March 3, 2015. Application materials must be mailed or sent via overnight express, but in no case will late postmarked applications be considered.
Winners will be announced at the 2015 AHP National Conference Banquet on Saturday, March 29, 2015 in San Diego, CA. All applicants will be notified of the selections of the Board of Directors via email no later than April 14, 2015. Scholarship checks will be mailed to the recipients' college/university care of the Scholarship Coordinator or Chapter Faculty Advisor no later than May 1, 2015.
View and Print the AHP National Scholarship Official Application & General Information Below:
Please send completed application & materials to:ALPHA ETA RHO SCHOLARSHIPAttn: Executive Director4579 Laclede Ave - Suite 1929Saint Louis, MO 63108
Factors That Will Be Considered In Selection Process:
- Scholastic Achievements
- Practical Aviation Achievements
- Membership & Leadership Activities Within the Fraternity, School, Aviation & Community
- Future Plans & Goals (Near & Long Term)
- Cover Letter: Describes activities, goals and reason for applying for the AHP National Scholarship.
NOTE: Students may include financial need and any special circumstances or needs they would like the committee to consider.
- Letter(s) of Recommendation: Written by professors, flight instructors, and/or industry members familiar with the candidate who can attest first-hand to the applicant's performance and reason for selection.